Paul & Linda McCartney-Ram (1971)


 

Artist: Paul & Linda McCartney

Title: Ram

Label: Apple

Format: 8-Track

Catalog Number: 8XW 3375

Year of Release: 1971

Country and Year of Edition: US 1971 black cover slick with no Apple logo on cover

Sell Price: $8.14

Sell Date: 9/11/26

Condition: VG+/VG+

Discogs Last Sold: 4/22/24 NM/NM $10.00

Low: $5.98

Median: $8.00

Average: $7.73

High: $10.00

Current low price: $1.99 G+

Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 7

Have/Want: 129/162

Where Sold:Villanueve, D'Ascq, France

Time It Took To Sell: 2 years

Where and When Bought: eBay lot

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A+

Sad To See It Go: No

I've thought this was the best McCartney solo record for such a long time that there is a bit of calcified entrenchment to the music.  With some McCartney albums, there are a group of songs on them that I don't remember no matter how many times I hear them.  With Ram, every last bit is ingrained whether the hit "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" or the song going through my head this morning, "Heart of the Country," or the "Ram On" reprise or everything else.

The other day while listening to this, I was wondering what exactly Linda did on the record as a piano played proficiently. That was found not to be her playing.   Linda's voice was notoriously blended into Wings and there was a big unveiling of her isolated vocals that caused all sorts of consernation in the Beatle world before memes and the mass internet existed to shame in the public square.  However, on Ram it' a homey approach that fits right in.  The main contributions appear to be harmonies and "co-production" whatever that means.  George Martin was brought in for Albert's orchestration.  I never knew he said "the butter wouldn't melt so I put it in a pie."  I still don't know what he says after that and probably never will.

Hands across the water, water...

FOR FURTHER REVIEW:

Wings-Wild Life (1971)

Paul McCartney & Wings-Band On The Run (1973)






Paul McCartney-Run Devil Run (1999)


The Beatles Second Album (1964)

Matchbox b/w Slow Down (1964)

A Hard Day's Night (1964)

Songs Pictures and Stories of The Fabulous Beatles (1964)

Hear The Beatles Tell All (1964)

Beatles '65 (1964)

Beatles VI (1965)

Rubber Soul (1965)

Yesterday (1966)

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)

Magical Mystery Tour (1967)

Hey Jude b/w Revolution (1968)

Abbey Road (1969)

Rock 'n' Roll Music (1976)

The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl (1977)

1st Live Recordings (Volume 1) (1979)

Rarities (1980)

Reel Music (1982)

The Beatles vs. The Third Reich (1985, unofficial)

Not Guilty (1985, unofficial)

Past Masters (1988)

Live At The BBC (1993)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

Blur-13 (1999)

Lyres-Happy Now... (1993)