The Beatles-Yesterday (1966)


 

Artist:The Beatles

Title: Yesterday


Label: Parlophone

Format: 7" EP

Cat: GEPO 70026

Year of Release: 1966

Country and Year of Edition: Australia 1966

Sell Price: $19.94 VG+/VG ringwear, fold in upper right hand corner

Discogs Last Sold: 3/4/22 VG/VG $12.42

Low:$3.27 VG/no cover

Median: $19.61

Average: $16.57

High: $30.86 NM/NM

Current low price: $17.20

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 8

Have/Want:  124/52

Where Sold:  Haddon Heights, NJ

Time It Took To Sell: 8 years

Where and When Bought: Worcester Beatles Record Fair early 80's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

This 4-song Beatles EP was one of those 7" I had no idea why I bought.  Probably thought it looked neat and the price was right at a Beatles record fair I went to in the early 80's.  I wasn't a big 7" collector, but I'd get one here and there.  Maybe I didn't have Help! at the time.  I bought a Japanese import of the British version circa 1984 and I think I got the US Help! a little bit before that and after this.

So what of the 4 songs?  It's sort of like that anthology Love Songs except with a rocker at the end.  Love Songs was never my favorite post Red and Blue presentation of the Beatles music.  Rock and Roll Music was more my speed.

"Yesterday" may very well be my least favorite Beatles song, but that has it's charms.  The Lennon ballad counterpart on this EP, "It's Only Love" is best known for the trill in the word Bright.  Very Bright.  George's "You Like Me Too Much" continues the theme.

Then it is time to rock Larry Williams style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)