The Kinks-Sleepwalker (1977)


 

Artist: The Kinks

Title: Sleepwalker

Label: Arista

Format: LP

Cat #: AL 4106

Year of Release: 1977

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1977 PRC pressing

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 2/8/21

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/5/21 $3.61 VG/G+

Low: $1.00 VG+/VG

Median: $5.50

High:  $15.00 M/M

Current low price: $2.50 VG+/G+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 100

Have/Want: 3599/143

Where Sold:  Minneapolis, MN

Time it took to sell: 5 years

Where and When Bought: Worcester, MA Al Bums $3.99

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

I'm a bit tired of Kinks Kommentary, but they are a regular seller and the weeks sales have been a little slower except for this 6 album buyer in Mpls, which had a nice variety for writeup.  Sleepwaker ushered in the "arena" era of The Kinks.  The Arista years.    "Juke Box Music" I really liked and remembered being very disappointed taping the radio as a kid when this song came on and the tape ran out.   Home taping was still killing music and used records were my pre-paper route bloodline.   I don't think I even knew the title until I got a used copy of Sleepwalker fairly soon after that.  The title track was the other radio hit, and I deemed the rest filler at the time.

About ten or maybe even fifteen years ago, I listened to Sleepwalker start to finish on an ipod on a long bus trip and hadn't really thought much different.  This time around I liked the perky opener "Life On The Road" and the closer "Life Goes On" was going through my head half a day this week.

Life goes on and on and on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)