Jimmy Buffett-Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes (1977)


 

Artist: Jimmy Buffett

Title: Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes

Label: ABC Records/GRT 

Format: 8-Track

Catalog Number: 80220 AB 990 H

Year of Release: 1977

Country and Year of Edition: US  1977

Sell Price: $9.54

Sell Date: 9/3/26

Condition: VG/VG untested with GRT slipcover

Discogs Last Sold: 2/28/26 VG+/VG+ $10.76

Low: $2.00

Median: $7.98

Average: $8.35

High:$18.00

Current low price: $8.95 VG/rebuilt

Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 3

Have/Want: 34/20

Where Sold: Moraine, OH

Time It Took To Sell: 2  years

Where and When Bought:  Ebay lot

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: C-

Sad To See It Go: No

I never was or wanted to be a Parrothead.  Jimmy Buffett has legions of followers, but my initial exposure was probably "Livingstone Saturday Night" on the FM Soundtrack in 1978.  That one was a little more rock than his mean, so I took this album out of the library at some point in the 70's.  The title track, the minor top 40 hit "Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes" was the song I always kinda liked, but I never really cared about the inescapable megahit "Margaritaville" either in it's day or beyond.  Yet, I know it cold.

The other 8 tracks on this 8-track weren't burned in my memory banks the way those were for better or worse.  I've had this on random shuffle for a month, to the point where some of these tracks now have the air of familiarity.  "Miss You So Badly" seems a track that pairs well with "Margaritaville" also using the vocal melody of the famed "how we got here/I haven't a clue" line.  For some reason that one got the 8-track fade out/in treatment.   "Banana Republics" has a little outlaw subject and "Tampico Trauma" has a country outlaw rock sound, but the album is mostly forgettable upper class yachting excursionist anthems outside of the hits.

Would you like some more sponge cake?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

The Decemberists-The Crane Wife (2006)

The Beatles-The Beatles Vs The Third Reich (1985, unofficial)