Railroad Jerk-Younger Than You b/w Ballad Of Jim White (1991)
Artist: Railroad Jerk
Title: Younger Than You b/w Ballad Of Jim White
Label: Matador
Sell Date: 8/7/26
Condition: VG+/VG+
Discogs Last Sold: 6/17/26 VG+/VG+ $3.02
Low: $1.00 1/6/18
Median: $2.99
Average: $3.32
High: $9.20 6/22/25
Current low price: $1.34 (UK), $3.00 NM/VG+ (US)
Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 13
Have/Want: 136/20
Where Sold: Millbrae, CA
Time It Took To Sell: 11 years
Where and When Bought: Boston Newbury Comics when new, sticker remants still on it but not price
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B
Sad To See It Go: No
Solid but fairly non-descript follow-up to their great debut album. It raises a trash can ruckus, which certainly rises above alot of things, but neither side made Raise The Plow, the sophomore album the following year, 1992.
"Younger Than You" does beat a five note riff into the ground with authority and I don't know if "Ballad of Jim White" was about the Venom P. Stinger Jim White that went on to Dirty Three a few years after this record, but it's a good guess.
I had so little else to say about this record that it made me wonder what else was said about it in the blogosphere. I came across something I never saw before, the Beer and Pavement blog which writes about the first 100 Matador singles. I found he had little to say either outside of the assumed lyric content of the A-side, which I passed off as indecipherable and had no intel about the Railroad Jerk-Jim White (or, more disgustingly put "Railroad Jerk x Jim White") connection. He says something about the band being from West Central Ohio. I always thought they were a downtown NYC band and Wiki tells us the band met in Trenton and cut their chops in NYC. Marcellus Hall and of course went on to White Hassle and a solo career that last surfaced in 2024 with I Will Never Let You Down. I don't know who else played on this record, I'm guessing Tony Lee played bass as he did much of the 90's, but drummers got swapped out. Was it Jez Aspinall before jumping onto Motherhead Bug or was it Steven Cerio coming out of Drunk Tank?
These are the questions revisionists never seem to ponder.

Comments
Post a Comment