Crush-Squeaky b/w Taller Than Jesus (1990)

 


Artist: Crush

Title: Squeaky b/w Taller Than Jesus

Label: Time To Develop

Format: 7"

Catalog Number: T5

Year of Release: 1990

Country and Year of Edition: US 1990

Sell Price: $3.36

Sell Date: 8/7/26

Condition: VG+/VG+

Discogs Last Sold: 2/15/26 VG+/VG+ $1.67

Low: $1.52

Median: $3.19

Average: $3.59

High: $7.56

Current low price: $2.00 

Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 22

Have/Want: 96/43

Where Sold: Millbrae, CA

Time It Took To Sell:  11 years

Where and When Bought: new early 90's probably In Your Ear in Allston

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

The second of 3 Crush singles, like the first, has a B-side not on the otherwise exhaustive compilation The Clown Sessions CD from the mid-90's that also sold in this order.  Of course, since the band only had three singles, I assumed the compilation was exhaustive, but I should have put two and two together since the buyer bought the first two with the comp, but not the third.

I did play the single to test before shipping and of course now that B-side can not be heard on the interwebs.  I cannot remember it, so I guess it is lost to the ages.  However, the A-side was one of the bands more memorable songs that I did remember before all the recent reacclimating myself to the Crush catalog.  Who could forget Ron Ward's yelp and otherwise indesciperable lyrics about Squeaky Fromme?  Not as memorable Squeaky's escapades from Mansonite to attempted President Ford assassin and if that wasn't enough garnered  extra prison time in 1987 for an escape.  To cap it all off, Crush issued this 1990 tribute song with Squeaky on the cover and safely in prison.

She was on parole in 2009 and still lives among us today.

FOR FURTHER REVIEW:

Crush-Hot Tracks (1988)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

Blur-13 (1999)

Big Black-The Incredibly Corporate Whorish Big Black Interview Album (1987)