Björk-Post (1995)
Artist: Björk
Title: Post
Year of Release: 1996
Country and Year of Edition: US 1996
Sell Price: $4.99
Sell Date: 3/1/25
Condition: VG+/VG+
Discogs Last Sold:3/8/25 M/M $4.35
Low: $0.99
Median: $4.85
Average: $4.83
High: $14.95
Current Low Price: $3.71
Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 30
Have/Want: 4797/633
Where Sold: Columbia, SC
Time It Took To Sell: 1 year
Where and When Bought: Facebook CD lot
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+
Sad To See It Go: No
It's a little odd that I remained mostly ignorant of the content of Björk's second solo album Post and the turbulent times in it's wake. This was despite the fact this was my second go round having the CD after the last one I had sold in 2014, I could only remember her version of Betty Hutton's "It's Oh So Quiet." Little did I know the violent storm left in the albums wake included an Bangkok airport assault and a suicidal murderous stalker. I merely thought perhaps this is a breakup album. Well, she did move to London around this time. Well now I know too much.
As for Post, today I listened all the way through, watched the SIX videos from the album, listened again, then decided I needed to listen in headphones because sometimes the sound of my boiler in the apartment obliterated the quiet parts. This is a very soft to loud album in speakers. In headphones it seems evenly balanced. There is the belting, growls and screams I had loved when the Sugarcubes came out. Some of these performances sound like they are a continuation of that textbook Björk vocal palette.
This is primarly self-produced, but each track has a credit. Tricky, Graham Massey of 808 State, Neilee Hooper of Soul II Soul and a host of others make production, programming and instrumentation appearances. This record took 6 years to hit the Platinum mark in the US. It charted well worldwide and it was also a big critic record that year.
I think at this point I just want to check her out live for the first time.

Comments
Post a Comment