The Righteous Brothers-The Righteous Brothers Greatest Hits (1967)


 

Artist: The Righteous Brothers

Title: The Righteous Brothers Greatest Hits

A1You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Written-By – B. Mann - C. Weil*P. Spector*
3:50
A2The White Cliffs Of Dover
Written-By – Nat BurtonWalter Kent
2:19
A3Georgia On My Mind
Written-By – Hoagy CarmichaelStuart Gorrell
2:37
A4(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
Written-By – Deek WatsonWilliam Best
2:49
A5You'll Never Walk Alone2:18
A6Just Once In My Life
Written-By – C. Weil*G. Goffin - C. King*
3:55
B1Unchained Melody
Written-By – Alex NorthHy Zaret
3:35
B2See That Girl
Written-By – Barry Mann - Cynthia Weil*
2:12
B3Ebb Tide
Written-By – Maxwell*
2:46
B4Guess Who?
Written-By – JoAnne Belviin*
2:31
B5Hung On You
Written-By – G. Goffin - C. King*P. Spector*
3:27
B6The Great Pretender
Written-By – Buck Ram
2:33

Label: Verve

Format: LP

Catalog Number: V-5020

Year of Release: 1967

Country and Year of Edition: US 1967 Mono (was actually Canadian with same cat number)

Sell Price: $8.47

Sell Date: 10/4/24

Condition: VG+/VG

Discogs Last Sold  5/9/24 VG/VG $7.91

Low: $0.33 G+/P

Median: $8.47

Average: $7.85

High: $14.95 NM/VG+

Current low price: $3.24

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 6

Have/Want: 109/17

Where Sold:  White Cloud, MI

Time It Took To Sell: 4 months

Where and When Bought: Facebook dollar record lot

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

I've had a few copies of this in my lifetime, in fact I still have a stereo one.  The mono copy I got a lot of dollar records last June sold in 4 months.  Considered the penultimate white boy soul duo, this was always a mainstay of "must have" lists.  That said, it never really moved me.  "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" was heard too much even when it was usurped by the heavily influenced Hall & Oates.  I would say I've heard it in my lifetime more than "Unchained Melody" even though that one has like triple the streams (54M to 18M just one one of many versions up on YouTube).

This compilation put out by Verve in 1967 was revised a couple times and has fallen out of print.  Phil Spector sued after Verve took over in 1966, but their popularity was waning on Verve's timeline.  The Phillies and Moonglow tracks were bought by Verve, so there was no re-recording for this Greatest Hits.  This one is all I really needed although I've had some others creep in from other dollar lot purchases.

I've tried to replicate the Mono version when they are available and linked the stereo editions otherwise since there isn't a version of the album posted.

It is what it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Blood On The Tracks (1975)

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-Bob Dylan (1962)