Various Artists-CHEREE F5 (1989)


 

Artist: Various Artists (Spacemen 3, Bark Psychosis, Fury Things)

Title: CHEREE F5

Label: Cheree

Format: 7" Flexi

Cat: CHEREEF5

Year of Release: 1989

Country and Year of Edition: UK 1989

Sell Price: $5.60 VG+/VG+ 8/26/24 Amazon

Discogs Last Sold: 5/25/24 VG+/G+ $7.89

Low: $3.40

Median: $7.40

Average: $8.42

High: $13.33

Current low price: $7.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 12

Have/Want: 251/44

Where Sold: Braddock, PA

Time it took to sell: 9 years

Where and When Purchased: late 80's In Your Ear Allston new around $6

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

Flexidiscs are nice and cool and often sound like shit.  I picked this one up in a Spacemen 3 completion phase that didn't last when the expanded version of this A-side was issued as Dreamcatcher.  Here "An Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music" is chopped down into a more manageable excerpt form. 

The B-side has 2 bands.  Bark Psychosis "Clawhammer" can be streamed, Fury Things "Climbing High Falling Sky (Live)" cannot in any form.  If you want to hear what they sound like, their Love Sick EP from 1990 can be streamed.  This is low-fi British shoegaze.

It seems that there are Red and Yellow insert editions and I suspect when I listed this record 9 years ago there wasn't that distinction.  Supposedly the Yellow one I sold is worth more than the Red one I had it listed under, but I think it is 6 of one half dozen of the other.

We shall see if the buyer complains and I have a funny editor's note addendum in 2 weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

Blur-13 (1999)

Big Black-The Incredibly Corporate Whorish Big Black Interview Album (1987)