Crackerbash-Bike b/w Laughing Song (1990)


Artist: Crackerbash

Title: Bike b/w Laughing Song

Label: Audio Addict

Format: 7"

Cat: AA69-5 

Year of Release: 1990

Country and Year of Edition: US 1990 Blue Vinyl

Sell Price: $3.65

Sell Date: 2/2/24

Condition: VG+/VG+

Discogs Last Sold  12/8/23 $3.92

Low: $1.87

Median: $3.11

Average: $2.96

High: $3.92

Current low price: $3.23

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 5

Have/Want: 56/41

Where Sold: Portland, OR

Time It Took To Sell:  8 years

Where and When Bought:  Newbury Comics Boston new early 90's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: C

Sad To See It Go: No

This was the follow-up band for Sean Croghan.  I had the 80's single from his band Hellcows entitled "G-Spot Crush" and never knew the connection until the magic of Discogs links.  I did know Crackerbash were from Portland, OR and put out a single on Sub Pop a couple years after this debut. 

The A-side, "Bike" has strained vocals and chords ridded to death with a plodding sprightly bassline.  The B-side is better.  "Laughing Song" sounds a bit like "59 Times The Pain" era Husker Du.  Forgive me for forgetting the umlauts.   Overall I probably gave the Hellcows more attention, I didn't have active recollection of this single beyond the sight of it in the pile.

Records like these, bought to play a time or few on the radio and complete my tangential Sub Pop collection back when I still thought it was worth getting every one of those bands complete discography.  I can't remember if I bought this in 1990 or 1991 or 1992 or even 1993.

I suspect it wasn't later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)