David Alvarado-Blue (1997)


 

Artist: David Alvarado

Title: Blue

A1Blue8:48
A2Blue You5:35
BBlue Dub8:54

Label: Ultra

Format: 12"

Cat: ULT X 003

Year of Release: 1997

Country and Year of Edition: US 1997

Sell Price: $5.68 11/29/28

Condition: M/M sealed

Discogs Last Sold: 10/2/23 VG+/VG+ $6.32

Low: $2.17

Median: $4.94

Average: $5.08

High: $16.20

Current low price: $4.50 VG+/VG+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 5

Have/Want: 187/215

Where Sold: Tampa, FL

Time It Took To Sell:  13 years

Where and When Bought: street find

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade:  C

Sad To See It Go: No

I've told this story many times throughout this blog when something sells from the stack of techno records I found left on the street on Ave C sitting up against a corner trash can after rolling out of Sunny and Annie's to get a sandwich after rolling out of somewhere and jumping into a cab home.  Mostly these were techno records from the label Ultra.  Maybe it was a drunken DJ from a nearby club or drunken employee of the label (or someone he was pitching) that abandoned the records.  In any event, I specifically opened my Discogs account around 2010 to list these records since I wasn't yet selling off my vinyl collection.

When I saw this sale of a sealed David Alvarado 12" I wondered if I could even write about it since I couldn't break it open to listen post sale but all the tracks were up on YouTube.  I had just thrown clothes into the wash, and often techno music to me is like the ambient sound of the laundry machine.  This release is exactly that.  I'm sure someone can go through great lengths on the 4 on the floor elements and reverb make it all good on the dance floor but I never gave a shit about any of that.  So it gets a C because I really have no idea if it is good or bad, it just sounds like average for the genre to me.

One thing of note, this is not to be confused with the Eiffel 65 song that was inescapable around 2001.  I often wondered if this was that song, but no this came out a few years before that one ruined the title for all songs named "Blue" forever and ever. 

The laundry machine works in mysterious ways.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)