The Rolling Stones-Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (1971)


 

Artist: The Rolling Stones

2:50
Label: London

Format: 2LP

Cat: 2PS 606/7

Year of Release: 1971

Country and Year of Edition: US 1981

Sell Price: $14.99 VG+/VG with insert  5/4/23

Discogs Last Sold: 4/11/23 VG+/VG+ $11.95

Low:$6.99

Median: $18.45

Average: $17,68

High: $36.67

Current low price:  $22.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 4

Have/Want: 248/100

Where Sold:  Valley City, OH

Time it Took to sell: 8 years

Where and When  Worcester Al Bums early 80's brand new

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A+

Sad To See It Go: No

Perhaps with the exception of The Who's Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy, this is my favorite compilation album of all time.  I got it around age 10, a few years after my Mom gave me Some Girls and maybe a half year after getting Emotional Rescure for my number one album collection.  My third Stones album!

It must be noted my mother HATED "Under My Thumb."  So much she'd make me take it off if the record played in the background.  Looking back, there has been some differing views: Camille Paglia for example had a Feminist defense of the song.  Of course, my position is any lyric is the voice of a character and every subject is fair game..  Anything different is a form of power trip mind control and one must work hard in a free society to subvert this sort of oppression.  

As for my true blue favorites?  Well, "Street Fighting Man" is my favorite overall plus "Ruby Tuesday" for melody, "Gimmie Shelter" for stomp and "Sympathy For The Devil" for sensibility.

You should have heard them just around midnight...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)