Chavez-Pentagram Ring (1995)

Artist:Chavez

Title: Pentagram Ring 


Label: Matador

Format: CD EP

Cat: OLE 146-2

Year of Release: 1995

Country and Year of Edition: US 1995

Sell Price: $4.49 VG+/VG

Discogs Last Sold: 5/6/23 $9.11  NM/NM

Low:$2.16

Median: $3.27

Average: $3.76

High: $9.11

Current low price: $3.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 11

Have/Want:  146/37

Where Sold:  Ypsillanti, MI

Time It Took To Sell: 11 years

Where and When Bought: NYC mid 90's Venus $3.00 sticker still on it

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No


Well above par NYC indie rock from the mid 90's.  They reformed in 2006 and Matador put out a 12" called Cockfighters in 2017 that I didn't even know existed until this very second.    

My favorite track by the band was the closer from the 1994 A-side 7". It's flip "Hack The Sides Away" is almost as good.  I might have been happy to just have that single having heard it DJing at WFDU overnights, but I never straight up bought my own copy.  I found this ep in the cheap bin fairly soon after it was released and that took care of that bucket list record.  I didn't need it "on vinyl" or twice.  Just having the song was enough.

Pre-release EP's have a way of being reshuffed into catalogue when reissues happen and Pentagram Ring is no exception.  All the tracks had to be linked individually to get the effect of an EP that was really an advance of their Gone Glimmering LP with 2 unreleased tracks and the prior years single.  Except I really liked that single.

What could I do?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)