Cell-China Latina (1993)


 

Artist:Cell

Title: China Latina

Label: David Geffen Company

Format: 7" flexi single sided

Cat: none

Year of Release: 1993

Country and Year of Edition: US 1993 free in Flipside

Sell Price: $4.99 VG+/VG+ 5/12/23

Discogs Last Sold: 1/27/19 NM/not graded $1.50

Low:$1.50

Median: $3.25

Average: $3.25

High: $4.99

Current low price: $2.85

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 3

Have/Want:  48/12

Where Sold:  Ypsillanti, MI

Time It Took To Sell: 8 years

Where and When Bought: came with Flipside zine 1993

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

Flipside threw in this B-side of the "Cross The River" single imported by City Slang.  It was redone on their album Living Room.  I was a huge fan of the Slo Blo album that came out in 1992.  In fact, it was probably up there with Circa Now! by Rocket From The Crypt as my households heavy playlist that year.  That album could be found in every possible cut out bin, but this one somehow never graced my fingertips even only two years later, nor did I pick up the actual single this original version is from.

Cell originally were on Thurston Moore's Ecstatic Peace label, and I had the "Never Too Much" release from 1991 as well is the "Wild" 7" DGC did, but then I dropped off.  I suspect if I found this in the discount crate at Smash or the close out bin at Venus I would have dropped $3-5 on Living Room, but I guess I never did.

The band broke up in 1995.  Guitar player Ian James went on to be in French and continue his original band, Flower.  Bass  player Dave Motamed came from Das Damen who I actually witnessed open for Sonic Youth around the time of Sister.  He was on the Mousetrap album in 1989.  He went on to be in Two Dollar Guitar which Steve Shelly put out on Smells Like.  Keith Nealy drummed on the album, I don't know what else he did.  I never knew any of this at the time.

Funny how anonymous good bands came from other anonymous good bands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)