Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Fever To Tell (2003)


 

 

Artist: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Title: Fever To Tell

Label: Interscope

Format: CD

Cat: B0000349--02

Year of Release: 2003

Country and Year of Edition: US 2003

Sell Price: $3.49 VG+/VG+ 3/14/23

Discogs Last Sold: 3/11/23 VG+/VG+ $8.99

Low:$0.99 3/27/19 G/VG

Median: $2.99

Average: $3.43

High: $9.05 12/27/19 M/M

Current low price: $1.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 40

Have/Want: 1808/214

Where Sold: Winchester, KY

Time it took to sell: 11 years

Where and When  bought a few weeks after release new on internet

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

"I kinda liked that Karen O" said co-WFDU cohort Kevin Wyzzard as I told him I had a Yeah Yeah Yeah's writeup pending.  I did too.  The first time I heard of them they were opening for the Heroine Sheiks at Mercury Lounge.   I didn't think they were anything particularly interesting and they were still in the  “playing to 30 people that weren't there for them” phase.   Then their song "Art Star" was a regular Marz Bar jukebox hit, so that made me take more notice.  Once Touch n Go started putting them out, they were in the collection rotation that was going to end when they hit major labeldom.  

Or so I thought.  My friends girlfriend in marketing was raving about this album a few weeks out.  It was still the era when I would roll back from Marz Bar and order discussed cds I didn't have on the internet only to be reminded of the conversation a week or two later when they'd show up on my steps.  This was one such album, but I have to say I thought it was a great record then and now.  

Why?  Lots of hits that would be in the bars at least the next decade.  "Date WIth The Night" might've been the single, but "Tick" and "Rich" I remember and "Pin," "Y Control," and "Maps" were all solid singles with videos.  Even the outro, on the surface annoying, I found oddly charming.

After all, the cool kids belong together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)