Sonic Boom-Angel (1989)


 

Artist: Sonic Boom

Title: Angel

Label: Silvertone

Format: CD EP

Cat: ORE CD 11

Year of Release: 1989

Country and Year of Edition: UK 1989

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 8/17/22

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 6/1/22 VG+/VG+ $4.99

Low: $2.94

Median: $4.99

Average: $5.10

High: $9.40

Current low price:$2.50

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 9

Have/Want: 169/29

Where Sold:  Chino Hills, CA

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Newbury Comics new upon release

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

Spacemen 3 were an acquired taste for me.  In fact, I initially thought my introduction to them, The Perfect Prescription,  sucked.  It took Mudhoney covering "Revolution" from Playing With Fire for me to come around and give them another chance, and by that point I had changed my mind and was on board with everything.

This 1989 ep  I bought new as a UK import before the Spectrum album and "Angel" is one of my favorite things Sonic Boom ever did, although a 9 minute extended version after the 7 minute "short one" is a bit much back to back.  The drum mix of "Help Me Please" is my first exposure to the song, so it might as well be the only version and I always liked that one as well.

A funny aside, I booked Sonic Boom for 2 nights in January to DJ as a main stage performer at Midway in the late aughts.  I remember he opened up both DJ sets with "It's All Too Much" by the Beatles and managed to get himself thrown out by the bouncers at the upstairs bar for reasons unknown.  They didn't care he was an international celebrity! 

What can I do but care??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)