Fleetwood Mac-Fleetwood Mac (1975)


 

Artist: Fleetwood Mac

Title: Fleetwood Mac

Label: Reprise

Format: LP

Cat: MSK 2281

Year of Release: 1975

Country and Year of Edition: US 1977 Pinckneyville Repressing

Listed Condition: F/F

Sell Date: 8/11/22

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 7/11//22 G+/no cover $8.05

Low: $2.99

Median: $15.99

Average: $15.97

High: $30.00 NM/VG+

Current low price:$4.99 F/F

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 31

Have/Want: 1355/503

Where Sold:  Louisville, KY

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: That's Entertainment Worcester 29 cents early 80's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

This was in my household by 1976 when my mother got a copy.  This beat-up copy I found in my local used store dollar bin for 29 cents, the bottom of the bottom in their pricing.  About 15 years ago I listened to it and it actually played through better than I remembered but I still sold it for my bottom $2.99.  To add insult to injury this was in a box that got hit with flood water.  Some bargain hunter truly rolled the dice on this one.

I prefer this to Rumours, the twin titans of the Lindsey/Stevie years.  I heard it in a coffee shop across from the Navy Yard where Sojourn Records had an office and work for me around 2012.  Over coffee, I honed in on the drums of "Rhiannon" in a way in never had before.  I must've been tired and zoned out that day, but that moment has stuck with me as the moment  I had a new appreciation for this album I have known cold from my mother playing it relentlessly before Rumours came out.

I had a first grade teacher that had it on 8-track and I brought the lyric sheet in at the start of second grade, leaving class to show her the vital missing component that I felt she needed to see.   I was an eccentric record fanatic kid at 7.

As for the music, there is not a note I haven't overheard in my lifetime.  However,  I always enjoy "Monday Morning" and the rest of the album never sounds unpleasant to me in the background.  I was a bit burned out of my mothers incessant playing of this and Rumous as a child, but I still enjoy this on a peripheral level, although I'm probably not gonna elect to hear it the rest of my living years.

Well, I guess that depends on the choices.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)