The (International) Noise Conspiracy-Armed Love (2004)


 

Artist:  The (International) Noise Conspiracy

Title: Armed Love

Label:  American/Epitaph

Format:  CD

Cat: 49480-2

Year of Release: 2004

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 2004

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+ drill cut in spine

Sell Date: 6/21/22

Sell Price: $3.99

Discogs Last Sold: 6/21/22 VG+/VG+ $1.50

Low: $0.50

Median: $1.99

Average: $2.47

High: $9.18

Current low price:$0.50 

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 18

Have/Want: 212/18

Where Sold: Newburgh, NY

Time it took to sell: 11 years

Where and When Bought: New York Kim $1 shelf

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

Like Refused before it, The (International) Noise Conspiracy were a band heavily recommended to me when they were around.  Swedish rawk from the left.  Not that I really noticed or really cared about the lyrics or anything.  

This particular album I found on the dollar cd shelf fairly soon after it's release.  Looking at the discography, it was the only one that made it to American as a co-release with Epitaph.  So the sound is a little bit early aughts commercial when bands like Jet and The Darkness ruled the roost commercially.  I had to help DJ a Desertfest aftershow in NYC last month with CD no turntables, and I took a look at my reversecollector shelves and threw 30-40 titles in a bag.  This seemed appropriate and it was conveniently sitting in a box of those titles under my bed after this order.  I don't think this made the DJ cut through, mostly because I didn't remember a single song.  Or if I did play it (can't remember) it was the opening track, "A Small Demand."  That's a good opening cut with guest keyboards and sax from  Jonas Kullhammar.  

Guest keyboards flag producer Rick Rubin involvement.   He brought out the big guns for keyboard contacts for a few tracks each.   Benmont Tench from the Heartbreakers I can guess as a left field possibility as a then label mate, but Billy Preston a couple years before passing?  How did this happen?

I guess that's the way God planned it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)