Jethro Tull-Bursting Out-Live (1978)


Artist: Jethro Tull

Title: Live-Bursting Out

Label: Chrysalis

Format: 2LP

Cat # CH2-1201

Year of Release: 1978

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1978 embossed gatefold

Listed Condition: VG/VG

Sell Date: 5/7/22

Sell Price: $4.99 small name writing in pen on cover (name), original inner sleeves

Discogs Last Sold: 4/6/22 VG+/VG+ $7.59

Low: $2.00

Median: $6.00

Average: $7.12

High:$15.17

Current low price:$3.50 VG/VG

Current Number on Sale at Discogs:65

Have/Want: 1273/62

Where Sold: Miami, FL

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Al Bums Worcester early 80's used $6.99 range

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

"Now to finally lay to rest any ugly rumors that John Glascock is a kinky bastard who likes being thrashed severely across the bum, we'll do it only very slightly in the next song..." --Ian Anderson uncensored  intro to "Hunting Girl," bleeping 'bastard' in the digital age, but keeping the bum thrashing unscathed.

Tull on 1984's Under Wraps tour was among my first half dozen arena shows, and I completed my collection easily through the 2 used shops (except of course the touring album).  I always called this album 'Bursting Out-Live' not the supposedly correct title: Live-Bursting Out, for a good 40 years including earlier today when I decided this would be the album from the stack I listened to yesterday that I would write about.  He did burst out of a cake on the tour I witnessed, and I suspect he did it on this 1978 tour as well.  The early editions of this had a typo on the spine: Busting Out.  I didn't check this copy that sold, so maybe someone has the "rare" edition for $5.

Bursting Out was never listened to beyond the day I bought it.  I tend to gravitate away from live albums  in general.  It's a solid sampling of tracks I've overheard with some lesser known tracks from Songs From The Wood and the touring album Heavy Horses.  You get crazy reverb vocals during the "one day you wake up" part of "Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day."  You get a shortform version (12:14) of "Thick As A Brick" for the "over twenty-fives in the audience."    You get a "Pop Goes The Weasel" at the beginning of "Cross-Eyed Mary."  You get the full on Flute Solo preceding BourrĂ©e.   "Minstrel In The Gallery" is paced a little too spritely.  They had to cram these long songs in, but, ya know.

I'll continue to simply call it Bursting Out, thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)