X Ambassadors-Love Songs Drug Songs (2013)


 Artist: X Ambassadors

Title: Love Songs Drug Songs

Label: KIDinaCORNER/Interscope

Format: CD EP

Cat #: BOO18440-02

Year of Release: 2013

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 2013

Listed Condition: M/M sealed

Sell Date: 4/2/22

Sell Price: $6.99

Discogs Last Sold: 7/16/19 $6.99

Low: $6.99

Median: $6.99

Average: $6.99

High:$6.99

Current low price:$5.18

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 5

Have/Want: 40/11

Where Sold: Miami, FL

Time it took to sell: 9 years

Where and When Bought: given away at practice space in Bushwick Brooklyn

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: F

Leaving practice I noticed a case of these cd's left for the taking on top of flyers and free music mags in the hall of my rehearsal space.  I threw one in my pocket, but the shrinkwrap never came off before I moved and it found it's way onto my storage cd shelf.  I had to stream to listen.

This is the kind of stuff I don't acknowledge as music much the way I detest Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons.  Anthemic pop of the last decade is nothing I want to hear in any waking hour.  It may very well be the most unpleasant current music imaginable to me.  News flash, commercial rock didn't die because anything some other genre might've been doing.  It died because it exists to be a commercial bed for the NFL or advertising.

The only saving grace on this EP are the live drums on the title track.  Otherwise it's a mélange of 8 year old modern day commercial pop that passes for rock in some circles nowadays.

It doesn't pass for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)