Rush-All The World's A Stage (1976)


 

Artist:  Rush

Title: All The World's A Stage

Label: Mercury

Format: CD

Cat #: 822 552 M-1

Year of Release: 1976

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1990 single CD leaving off "What You're Doing"

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 4/18/22

Sell Price: $6.99

Discogs Last Sold: 4/16/22 VG+/G+ $5.17

Low: $2.00

Median: $5.58

Average: $6.50

High:$12.99

Current low price:$6.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 6

Have/Want: 183/48

Where Sold: Grottoes, VA

Time it took to sell: 11 years

Where and When Bought: guessing 90's used at Sounds on St. Marks NYC 

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

The live set from the "heaviest" era of Rush.  When I bought this on vinyl it didn't really have much impact on me beyond completing the collection.  That doesn't mean I didn't like the studio versions of the tracks or think they were among the best the band had to offer.  It just didn't seem to add anything crucial on some level outside of double live product.  Further proof of this is I didn't even notice the last cut was cut off the CD reissue I bought used sometime in the 90's.  Maybe I got it for a good price.  That "good" price I'm guessing was about what I sold it for 25 or so years later.

Whatever version I have ripped on my computer I'm gonna have to replace with this one because I'm getting that "live with spaces" between tracks that Itunes usually takes care of.  Still, I've been able to get a couple listens in of this without streaming ads before I get down to storage tomorrow to ship this order out.

I didn't actually get to see Rush until their albums started getting boring.  The highlights of these tours I went to in my early teens-Grace Under Pressure & Power Windows were whatever was played in this era.  I'm pretty sure "Finding My Way" "Temples of Syrinx" and "In The Mood" made the cut those years.  The biggest legacy AOR radio hit, "Working Man," didn't.  You had to buy the albums to know the rest, which I did to completion in the pre-CD era through the aforementioned tours.

Since I was 6 when this came out, the peak era of Rush was ahead of my time.


Comments

  1. power window tour my first show and Rush kinda boring live and the audience mostly guys hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)