Nico-The Marble Index (1968)


Artist: Nico

Title: The Marble Index

Label: Elektra

Format: LP

Cat #: EKS-74029

Year of Release: 1968

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1968 Allentown Pressing

Listed Condition: VG+/G+  
Cover a few inches unglued at bottom some damage on upper third of cover, vinyl very clean

Sell Date: 4/12/22

Sell Price: $79.99

Discogs Last Sold: 3/13/22 $97.83  VG+/VG+

Low: $29.99 G+/VG

Median: $75.00

Average: $78.13

High: $119.57 NM/VG+

Current low price:$76.09 VG/VG+ 

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 5

Have/Want: 472/904

Where Sold: Bellevue, WA

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Al Bums Worcester late 80's or early 90's $12 RARE sticker still on it

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

A nice find in the late 80's before the 1991 CD reissue.  Recommended by everyone in "the know" i.e. my friend/DJ John and Mark at the record store.  I think it was Mark that plucked it off the wall for me to buy.

Oddly enough, I didn't like it as much as Chelsea Girl which I had on CD before I bought this.  More people gasp at the brilliance of the John Cale production, but I found it to be laborious background music to listen to in the forefront.  A little too much plunk und klang as evidenced on side one's closer "Facing The Wind."  I'm pretty sure I never gave it more than one start to finish listen right when I bought it.  I wish Ari would get the damn tea kettle in his song.

I'm in the midst of a second spin tonight before this "rare" record goes out the door.  First pass my favorite cut was "Frozen Warnings."  "Evening of Light" is a strong wrap.

Til the end of time.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)