Mary Lou Lord-Mind The Gap (1997)


Artist: Mary Lou Lord

Title: Mind The Gap 

His Indie World/I Figured You Out/Some Jingle Jangle Morning (Album Version)/Subway

Label: Work

Format: CD EP

Cat #: OSK 2917

Year of Release: 1997

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1997 Promo

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 4/10/22

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/10/22 $1.50

Low: $1.50

Median: $2.97

Average: $2.69

High: $3.79

Current low price: $2.17

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 9

Have/Want: 46/12

Where Sold: Towson, MD

Time it took to sell: 11 years

Where and When Bought: given by Mary Lou/Kevin or her people?

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

It always blows my mind when Mary Lou promo detritus sells, which happens from time to time since I had it all at one point.  I can’t remember if I got this free from her or her people or if I bought in a cd bin before Got No Shadow came out.  I do remember buying an advance promo of Got No Shadow that was slightly different than the main album that was given to me after that.

So anyway every track here can be found elsewhere.  They are all Mary Lou A-game mainstays, though I prefer the original single version of Jingle Jangle.  Also, I never noticed the drum on "I Figured You Out" clomps like a clyde-horse.  I probably saw her do this solo acoustic so many times that hearing a drum on it is incongruous to me.  Maybe it's just my cd speakers with the damn subwoofer.  I'm a treble up/bass down kinda guy.

"Subway" is co-written by Nick Saloman of the Bevis Frond.  Hearing it today reminds me that sometimes I rewrite songs in my head when I don't hear them a couple decades as this wasn't something Mary Lou would play live so much to my recollection.  Setlist.fm says she did it on a double bill at the Knitting Factory with Jill Sobule and I vaguely remember going to that gig and that she was covering "Blimps Go 90" by Guided By Voices around that time, but I don't ever remember her doing "Subway."  I could've sworn somebody called it out once giving me a mental note that she didn't like to play it but maybe that was another song.

I blocked it out of my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)