Robert Sacchi-Jungle Queen (1982)
Artist: Robert Sacchi
Title: Jungle Queen b/w Casablanca
Label: F1 Team
Format: 12"
Cat #: DM 957
Year of Release: 1982
Country and Year of Edition Issue: Italy 1982
Listed Condition: VG+/VG+
Sell Date: 2/9/22
Sell Price:$2.99
Discogs Last Sold: 11/9/21 $3.41
Low: $2.47
Median: $3.41
Average: $4.40
High: $11.25
Current low price: $1.12
Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 85
Have/Want: 155/41
Where Sold: Cincinnati, OH
Time it took to sell: 7 years
Where and When Bought: consignment collection
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A
Sad To See It Go: Yes
This 12" from a consigned collection sat in storage the last 7 years with me ever knowing what it was. Today I found out. Given that my mother's maiden name is Sacchetti, I wondered if Sacchi might have been a shortened stage name. I had no real idea what I was about to embark on listening-wise. This record is to film noir what “Rappin’ Rodney” was to comedy.
Character actor Robert Sacchi's claim to fame was looking like Bogart. He passed away last June at 89. The 80's were a heady time for Sacchi, highlighted with a 1981 appearance on Fantasy Island. What better way to flesh out his resume than with spoken word Bogart over a disco beat?
This thing is amazing. The video of "Jungle Queen" is an edited version, but missing the double entendre rod grabbing at the end. "Casablanca" is more of the same, spoken word Bogart style over some generic early 80's disco and subject appropriate sound effects. "I've got to get to Casablanca!'
"Alright Queen! Drop my rod!"
Comments
Post a Comment