Portishead-Portishead (1997)



 

Artist: Portishead

Title: Portishead

Label: Go! Beat/London

Format: CD

Cat #: 314-539-189-2

Year of Release: 1997

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1997

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 1/31/22

Sell Price:$2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/25/22 M/M $8.00

Low: $0.50

Median: $2.34

Average: $3.35

High: $10.00

Current low price: $1.01 F/VG+, $1.99 VG+/VG+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 49

Have/Want: 1710/213

Where Sold: North Salt Lake, UT

Time it took to sell: 10 years

Where and When Bought: tossed collection

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

Better than I remember, I honestly can't remember if I bought this used on the web after Third with it's unexpected Sleep style came out, or if I got it from a discarded collection.  The second Portishead is actually good,hits like "Only You" and "Cowboy" included.

The surprise of the record was "Half Day Closing" which sounded like a modern day Led Zeppelin "No Quarter."  There was a bit more rock within than I gave Portishead credit for in the 90's.  I might check out an "electronica" release here and there, but it never truly moves me.  This particular one I almost bumped up to A-.

Something's holding me back.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

Blur-13 (1999)

Lyres-Happy Now... (1993)