3 Swimmers-The Worker Works To Live (1982)


 

Artist: 3 Swimmers

Title: The Worker Works To Live b/w Take Me Back/Behind The Door

Label: Engram Records

Format: 12"

Cat #: ENG 009

Year of Release: 1982

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1982

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 2/14/22

Sell Price: $14.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/10/22 M/NM $5.00

Low: $3.98

Median: $5.47

Average: $6.48

High: $14.99

Current low price: $3.40

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 7

Have/Want:  73/48

Where Sold: Spokane, WA

Time it took to sell: 6 months

Where and When Bought: Ebay vinyl lot

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

Last summer I went trolling on Ebay for record lots.  Sometimes overall sales are beefed up when I add new titles on Discogs.  I got a few decent looking 10-15 album prog lots for around a hundred bucks.  Until today, not one has sold.  This is the first.    The record came in a generic red sleeve that apparently was issued with the release.  Somehow I had never heard 3 Swimmers from the various radio archives I had access to in the 80's and 90's.  I probably ignored it because said generic sleeve on  a 12" often implied a dance release.  Or maybe it wasn't promoed and I never had access to it.  I bet it was at WICN, WERS, WHRB AND WFDU and I just never pulled it.  Or maybe I pulled it, played it and forgot it.

Seattle's 3 Swimmers, a Gang of Four influenced (at least the dedicate the EP to them) post-punk band of the early 80's best track here is the A-side, which sadly can't be found on the internet.  You can hear the B-sides on youtube,  "Take Me Back" reminds me of Mission of Burma, "Behind The Door' reminds me of Devo.

Leader Mark H. Smith (no relation to Mark E. Smith) became a writer and dropped out of music.  Bass player Fred Chalenor was in the Walkabouts at one point and most of the players moved on to other bands as well that I don't feel like looking up at press time.

$15 down $85 to go to break even!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)