Ned's Atomic Dustbin-Are You Normal? (1992)


 

Artist: Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Title:  Are You Normal?

Label: Chaos/Columbia/Furtive

Format: CD

Cat #: OK 53154

Year of Release:1992

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1992

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 1/12/22

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 12/15/21 NM/NM $2.00

Low: $0.80

Median: $2.57

Average: $2.75

High: $9.75

Current low price:$1.00 VG+/VG+ 

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 148

Have/Want: 360/20

Where Sold: Washington, MO

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: consignment collection

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

Ned's Atomic Dustbin were one of those Brit-Pop guitar bands that I managed to ignore completely in it's day.  And I mean completely, until now when this CD from a consigned collection went out along with a dozen mostly 90's titles from later in the decade.

An album like this is perfect for me to investigate in headphones waking up wide awake at 4am with hours to go until the alarm.  13 tracks roughly an hour.  I made it through start to finish fully conscious and can recall the tracks as I'm giving it a second streaming listen as I write this.  

I have to say I thought this was a fairly decent collection of tracks. The kind of blaring British alt-rock I never really liked much in it's day sounds a little better now.  Comic couplets like "I've swallowed air/Now I have my belly full" or "My childhood inspection/Is my record collection" or "You'll turn against her/You Will Turn!" or "If you don't have the will to breathe/Then stop now!" slide in an out in a mannerly manner.  The grand finale of "Intact"?  "And kill me someday/Stone Dead."   There is enough driving guitar throughout to make it work for me.

I even managed to get another full sleep cycle before the 8am alarm went off.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)