Infra-Crepuscule (1999)


 

Artist: Infra

Title: Crepuscule

Eremita's Leap/Seven Cranes/He Who Could Not See/The Faucet Silverfish/Fly By Day/Gromboolian Plains/Quasi Dim/Aggressively Normal/Lucy's Garden

Label: The Wild Places

Format: CD

Cat #: WILD 007

Year of Release: 1999

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1999

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 1/7/22

Sell Price: $3.99

Discogs Last Sold: 2/14/20 $3.41 M/M

Low: $3.25

Median: $3.70

Average: $4.37

High: $6.82

Current low price: $2.99

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 7

Have/Want: 25/3

Where Sold: Parsippany, NJ

Time it took to sell: 10 years

Where and When Bought: promo

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

Psychedelia from Sweden on Brooklyn's Wild Places label from the end of the 90's.  Owner Michael Piper gave this to me.  He passed in 2008 at only 55, which I only recently found out.   This was released around the time Soundtrack of Our Lives were dominating all discussion of music among people who would not forgo the Rock, but had to look to Scandinavia to get their fix of the music done properly.  As for Infra, they were on their way out with this, their 3rd and final release stretching back to 1995.

For whatever reason, I don't have any recollection of this album.  The shrinkwrap was off, so I'm sure I played it when it was given to me.  It is right up my alley.  "Seven Cranes" sounds just like Barrett-era Floyd!  I'd have to say that if you like this realm, you would rather enjoy Infra.  You may get a tabla, sitar or cello if you are good and eat all your peas.

Of course the closer is over-long and hard to get through.  I fell asleep twice, and attempting to get through it on my 3rd listen.  That seems to be the only track on this album streaming at press time.  It's a bit of a cheat to say you can get through it without hearing the the 8 tracks that precede it.  Now that third times the charm, I can safely say the "One Of These Days" Meddling made me pine for a disembodied voice to chop the listener into little pieces.

"Freedom, it's allright.  I get high.  From the same old something."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)