T. Rex-Electric Warrior (1971)


 

Artist: T. Rex

Title: Electric Warrior

Label: Reprise

Format: CD

Cat #: 6466-2

Year of Release: 1971

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1988

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 12/5/21

Sell Price: $3.49

Discogs Last Sold: 7/28/21 $4.99

Low: $1.49

Median: $3.58

Average: $3.68

High: $7.43

Current low price: $3.35

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 15

Have/Want: 340/194

Where Sold: Tipp City, OH

Time it took to sell: 10 years

Where and When Bought: Al Bums Worcester used late 80's $8.99

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

Some records have transmogrified into my brain without me realizing it.  I never played Electric Warrior on a regular basis.  The cd was bought used dutifully in the late 80's and I gave it my one start to finish play. right when I bought it  For some reason The Slider was lent to me on a dubbed cassette by a balding night janitor where I worked, so I listened to that one a bit closer.  He got weird a few days later, grumpily annoyed that I hadn't returned his tape.   Did he want me to listen or not?  I got a few listens in and returned it the next day and bought a Castle budget CD reissue of it a few years after I bought Electric Warrior.

There is no denying every single cut on this has made the lexicon of NYC nightlife in the last few decades.  Almost to the point when I don't even need to hear it ever again.  That goes double for "Bang A Gong."  That doesn't mean Electric Warrior isn't excellent, it just means I've become involuntarily familiar on an intimate basis.  It really does blow my mind how I know very little of this track listing by title, despite every song a well known quality.

For me T. Rex saved the best for last with the "Rip Off."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

The Decemberists-The Crane Wife (2006)

The Beatles-The Beatles Vs The Third Reich (1985, unofficial)