Worst Case Scenario-Worst Case Scenario (1995)


 

Artist: Worst Case Scenario

Title: Worst Case Scenario

A1Studies In PessimismA2Dry MaterialB1MetrognomesB2I Don't Want To Hit You Anymore

Label: Lookout

Format: 7"

Cat #: 121

Year of Release: 1995

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1995

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 11/3/21

Sell Price:$2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 10/19/21 $2.50

Low: $1.99

Median: $2.99

Average: $3.19

High: $15.00

Current low price:$2.25

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 13

Have/Want: 219/39

Where Sold: Providencia, Region Metropolitana, Chile

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: NYC somewhere

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: C-

Sad To See It Go: No

Added to a singles stack, Worst Case Scenario had a nice fat "contains members of Unwound" sticker on it scrawled by the store.   That would be vocalist Justin Trosper and guitarist/drummer Brendt Sandeno. He they whip up 4 songs in the Raw Power (the Italian band, not the Stooges) chaotic vocal vein.

I was surprised how little I had any connection with this record besides wishing it would end when I listened to it.  Unwound were a band I always considered essential but for whatever reason this is annoying fake hardcore to me.  And trust me I like many hardcore records.

Lookout was one of those well distributed punk labels from the later 80's into the aughts out of Berkeley, CA.  That carried a certain cache, but outside of a record here and there, that wasn't something I felt the need to buy each and every release.  

Some records are just meant to be filed away and never retrieved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)