Slough Feg-Hardworlder (2007)


Artist: Slough Feg

Title: Hardworlder

Label: Cruz Del Sur Music

Format: CD

Cat #:cruz24

Year of Release:2007

Country and Year of Edition Issue: Italy 2007 slipcase promo

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 10/16/21

Sell Price: $3.99

Discogs Last Sold: 10/14/20 $11.03 NM/NM

Low:$2.91

Median: $5.95

Average: $6.12

High: $11.03

Current low price: $4.64

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 3

Have/Want: 33/5

Where Sold: Dryden, NY

Time it took to sell: 10 years

Where and When Bought: promo

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

What is a Slough Feg?  A villain in a British cult sci-fi comic book called 2000 AD.  They have also gone by the moniker The Lord Weird Slough Feg on other releases.  Metal from central Pennsylvania falling somewhere between the vocals of Trouble's late Eric Wagner with a bit less bombast than an Iron Maiden or Manowar.

I booked Slough Feg at Midway around 2008 sight unseen because they were booked by Tone Deaf, who always had touring quality metal bands on their roster that were appropriate for a 150 cap room.  I had to be out of town the night they played and this promo came in after they were booked, but owner Kenny's declared them excellent and I had a mental note to play this promo.  Maybe I did at the time, but I don't remember.  When this finally sold I was looking forward to getting my listen in, which I finally did off my hard drive in headphones.

For me the record was solid power metal.  The cut that really made my ears perk up was "Karma-Kazee."  The lyrics from the viewpoint of a warrior in his warm castle while fighters below are stuck in their cold trenches.  If that wasn't enough you get some explosive bomb sound effects.  What a track!  

The grand finale was a cover by Manilla Road called "Street Jammer."  They were a fate 70's power metal band from Wichita, Kansas and their guitarist Mark Shelton passed a few years back.  I was wondering how Slough Feg could be so "modern" as to having a stereo in medieval times to crank their tunes.

Sharpen your anvils and axes and crank it up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)