Various Artists-Hell Comes To Your House Part II (1983)


 

Artist: Various Artists (The Joneses, Mau Maus, Cambridge Apostles, Blood On The Saddle, Tex and the Horseheads, MInutemen, Screamin' Sirens, Lotus Lame and the Lame Flames)

Title: Hell Comes To Your House Part II

Label: Bermisbrain Records/Enigma

Format: LP

Cat #: E 1049

Year of Release: 1983

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1983

Listed Condition: VG+/G+ spine damage

Sell Date: 4/3/21

Sell Price: $12.99

Discogs Last Sold: 6/29/21 $17.65 M/NM

Low: $9.41

Median: $13.50

Average: $14.21

High: $20.00

Current low price: $10.99

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 19

Have/Want:376/128

Where Sold:Ontario, CA

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: Al Bums Worcester used mid-80's $3.99

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

The second installment of the Hell Comes To Your House series I bought used in the very limited "hardcore" single bin at my local used record store in the mid 80's before I was on the radio in 1986.  Let's say I bought this in 1985 used with the open shrink still on it.

At the time, I wasn't a huge fan of "cow-punk" and even the lone Minutemen track "Corona" falls into the category.  A few things don't.  The Mau Maus sound a bit like the New York Dolls on "Sex Girls In Uniform."  The opening track on side 2 by Tex and the Horseheads, "Short Train," was familiar to me.  That one sounds like a countrified Clash.  

Screamin' Sirens do an actual Tammy Wynette cover, "Your Good Girls Gonna Go Bad" which is my favorite song by her that I discovered sometime in the decade after I last listened to this album, which was 1985. Cambridge Apostles and Lois Lame and the Lame Flames fall more in the dance punk vein to spice up the content.

Overall, this is a good, varied start to finish punk comp.  I had to listen to a digital version on my desktop when sales slowed down as this order came when there was a rush of orders due to people in the US getting their stimulus money.  Now that rush has slowed and stuff is trickling out again and I can go back and catch up on sales from earlier this year I didn't get a chance to write about.

I never had the first volume of this, though I seem to remember radio stations I was on had it and not this one.

Click the links, all the tracks are online one way or another.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)