Led Zeppelin-The Soundtrack From The Film The Song Remains The Same (1976)

 


Artist: Led Zeppelin

Title: The Soundtrack From The Film The Song Remains The Same

Label: Swan Song

Format: 2LP

Cat #: SS-2-201

Year of Release: 1976

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1976 SRC Pressing

Listed Condition: VG+/G+ hole punch through cover and inner sleeves, 3" tear on cover

Sell Date: 8/6/21

Sell Price: $11.99

Discogs Last Sold: 6/29/21

Low: $8.00 VG/VG

Median: $17.99

Average: $20.74

High: $45.90 NM/NM

Current low price: $6.59 VG/No Cover $12.50 G+/VG

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 55

Have/Want: 6359/288

Where Sold: Yorktown Heights, NY

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: Al Bums Worcester sealed with hole punch early 80's around '82 guessing

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade:A

Sad To See It Go: No

"Does anyone remember laughter?"-Robert Plant vamp, Stairway..

For many years I couldn't listen or worse yet watch The Song Remains The Same.  Why?  I saw it one too many time as it was always paired on a rock double bill with another movie I wanted to see and a bunch of Three Stooges shorts at EM Lowes (now the Palladium) in Worcester.  I'm a one and done kinda guy for films.  Maybe I'll rewatch something 20 years after, but multiple times in a year is not my bag.

I don't think I ever replaced this on CD like every other Zep album.  In fact, I don't think I've listened to this start to finish since the day I bought it.  Maybe once after.  And yet, this feels just as familiar as any Zep album issued during their active years.  Certainly more so than How The West Was Won.  Maybe only the "holders of the badge" bootleg is on par with this air of familiarity.

While most Zep albums I ponder whether it is an A or A+, this is a time where I wonder if this is an A or A-.  I'm happy to report that there is nothing I consider less than an "A" in the 70's by Zep.

Including this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)