Led Zeppelin-In Through The Out Door (1979)


 

Artist: Led Zeppelin

Title:  In Through The Out Door

Label: Swan Song

Format: LP

Cat #: SS 16002

Year of Release: 1979

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1979 "F" Sleeve Variant Monarch Pressing

Listed Condition: VG+G+ bag a bit beat up

Sell Date: 8/6/21

Sell Price: $10.99

Discogs Last Sold: 6/3/21

Low: $5.99 G+/G+

Median: $14.99

Average: $23.99

High: $58.82 NM/NM

Current low price: $10.00 VG/VG no bag, VG/VG+ $12,99

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 8

Have/Want: 314/197

Where Sold: Yorktown Heights, NY

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: Strawberries Worcester MA $5.99 new October 1979

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A+

Sad To See It Go: no

My first Zep purchase, the second of my number one album collection right after Get The Knack.  I wondered, with only "Fool In The Rain" hovering in the 20's on the Billboard singles chart why this was so popular.  I soon learned why.

Since I was 9 when this came out, I didn't have an AOR background.  Maybe I heard WAAF here and there in the 70's, but mostly 92 Pro-FM and !4 WFTQ were my stations in the late 70's.  I didn't hear the Ruins album until maybe a year later when one of my fathers guitar students lent it to him to learn "Stairway To Heaven."

So what above my 4th grade discovery?  For me it holds special weight, maybe even more than any other Zep album because it was my first.  I hold it in high regard for it's variety.  You have epics with my favorite 2 seconds  (4:02 mark) of Jimmy Page guitar playing in "In The Evening" and an even longer song with "Carouselambra" which wouldn't sound out of place on a UHF commercial spot for a late night movie.    Ode to the 50's with "Hot Dog" and hits like Fool and "All My Love," the tribute to Plant's deceased son round it out.

It still holds up listening today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)