Iowa Beef Experience-Personalien (1992)


 

Artist: Iowa Beef Experience

Title: Personalien

Label: Rave

Format: CD

Cat #: RAVE 031

Year of Release: 1992

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1992

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 8/2/21

Sell Price: $11.99

Discogs Last Sold: 4/12/21 $11.99 M/M

Low: $6.00

Median: $11.76

Average: $12.64

High: $26.99

Current low price: $7.06

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 4

Have/Want: 18/16

Where Sold: Chicago, IL

Time it took to sell: 10 years

Where and When Bought: 1992 In Your Ear Alston new

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

Noise rock from Iowa City.  I want to say I missed my only shot to see them when they opened an early gig for Antiseen that I arrived too late to even see Antiseen.  At least that is how I remember it. Still, I have multiple singles and this, their second full length from 1992.

As I listen a second time after dozing off to the first one in headphones the other night, I can tell you that this is pretty fucking great.  I had it in my head that the midwest produced the finest brand of Noise Rock, and listening to this made me understand why even the second and third tiers of this era of noise rock were full of crucial, enjoyable bands.  Punk only in name, the Iowa Beef Experience chugs and double stops with the best of the thrash warriors.

Lyrics are indecipherable so they get to the crux of the matter with titles like "Fuck You and the Cum Soaked Bitch You Rode In On" and "Dope Smoking Redneck From Cedar Rapids Trapped In An Alternate Reality."  And those are just the long ones!

Paul Neff has an operatic bellow ala Killdozer and a roaring mutter along the lines of Mule's P.W. Long.  Neff was also a Tape Beatle (!) which I had a cassette of long before I knew of the Iowa Beef Experience.  They were a noise collage collective.  Long haired punk and weirdness, right up my alley.

What more could you want?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)