Van Morrison-T. B. Sheets (1973)

 

Artist: Van Morrison

Title: T. B. Sheets

Side 1: He Ain't Give You None/Beside You/It's Alright/Madame George

Side 2: T. B Sheets/Who Drove The Red Sports Car/Ro Ro Rosie/Brown Eyed Girl

Label: Bang

Format: LP

Cat #:BLP-400

Year of Release: 1973

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US reissue no gatefold

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 6/8/21

Sell Price: $6.99

Discogs Last Sold: 4/28/21 $6.49

Low: $0.99

Median: $6.99

Average: $7.15

High: $16.79

Current low price: $2.07 F/G, $5.00 VG+/VG

Current Number on Sale at Discogs:29

Have/Want: 391/35

Where Sold: Montclair, NJ

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: That's Entertainment Worcester box of records early 80's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

This compilation of 1967 recordings for Bang have been issued in better ways.  Still, you can't deny the epic title track or the massive hit "Brown Eyed Girl" closing out the album.  "It's Alright" and "Madame George" were redone for next years Astral Weeks and the move to Warner Bros.

I have a vague memory of acquiring this.  I seem to remember buying a box of records and this being in the pile with a full price sticker, accidentally included.  An exciting "mint condition" unexpected bonus, my teenage self thought.

The weird thing about recent listens to "T.B. Sheets" for me was how much I've seen it cited, had it in my possession at a young age, and yet, know it so little.  It's the opposite end of the spectrum "Brown Eyed Girl" has been heard so much I never need to hear it again.  Perhaps if I heard "T. B. Sheets" as much as "Brown Eyed Girl" I'd be just as sick of it, but I'm not.  It sounds like it would be a good pairing with Creedence Clearwater Revivals version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" on some FM station of yore on a rainy Sunday before "Riders On The Storm" hits the top of the hour.

You can almost smell those T. B Sheets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)