Siouxsie and the Banshees-Peek A Boo (1988)


 

Artist: Siouxsie and the Banshees

Title: Peek A Boo

A: Peak A Boo (Silver Dollar Mix)/Peak A Boo (Single Mix)

B: False Face/Catwalk

Label: Geffen

Format: 12" Maxi-Single

Cat #: 0-20977

Year of Release: 1988

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1988 gold stamp promo

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 6/8/21

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 4/27/21

Low: $1.59

Median: $6.00

Average: $7.14

High: $16.99

Current low price:$2.98

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 31

Have/Want: 1508/149

Where Sold: Ontario, CA

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: promo freebee?

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: C-

Sad To See It Go: No

One of those 12" releases that made it into my collection.  This might be the final Siouxsie release I ever owned having ignored Peepshow completely after this.  Although I liked the single, the opening Silver Dollar mix was a bit much to tolerate.  The B-sides were ignored at the time.  "False Face"  is back in the standard Siouxsie mode and "Catwalk" is atmospheric.  Neither made an impression on me in 1988 or now.

I find it quite amazing that over the span of two albums Siouxsie declined from top tier (Tinderbox) to ignored, new releases never to be listened to again.  Her commercial popularity rose around this time, so I guess there was something to that.  Deservedly or not, that's the way it was and I really can't say I have the urge to review her second decade of releases.

This is where someone enthused would have to motivate me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)