Ozzy Osbourne-Live Mr. Crowley (1982)


 

Artist: Ozzy Osbourne

Title: Live Mr. Crowley

Label: Jet Records

Format: 12" Picture Disc EP

Cat #: 8Z8 37640

Year of Release:1982

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1982 Picture Disc

Listed Condition: VG+/VG taped 1" tear in die cut

Sell Date: 6/14/21

Sell Price: $24.99

Discogs Last Sold: 5/11/21 NM/NM $26.19

Low: $12.95

Median: $17.99

Average: $19.97

High: $29.76

Current low price: $27.14

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 9

Have/Want: 112/55

Where Sold: Ridgewood, NY

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: Worcester Strawberries new 82 or 3

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

My early teenage self checked the Ozzy section constantly at Strawberries in hopes that this 12" would appear.  With Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman on heavy home rotation and considered "among the greatest albums of all time" to my 12 year old self, I had to have this 3 song live picture disc.  I think my buddy John found a copy and bought it first, but a short time after that I it appeared in Ozzy's bin.  

"You Said It All" was a revelation that mother earth could smile upon.  A song that didn't make it onto the studio albums of the Randy Rhodes years.  Somehow I didn't know for many many years that "You Looking At Me, Looking At You" existed and felt that now, my Ozzy solo collection was complete in 1982 and could move on to taping a full live performance from Westward One off the radio.

In late 1982 I risked life and limb with a newly procured copy of Speak Of The Devil in hand walking across the edge of frozen Elm Park's Worcester waters, misjudging and going a foot through the ice.  Fortunately I wasn't deeper in the water or I wouldn't be writing this today.  In April '83, I finally saw Ozzy live in my first arena show on this tour, but Rhodes was deceased and Brad Gillis was the guitarist that night.  Fortunately it was all Sabbath and the first two albums, which is all you really need from Ozzy.

"Mr Crowley" and "Suicide Solution" capture the Blizzard of Ozz band in all it's classic Rhodes era glory.  Until Tribute was released, it was the only official live scrap you could get at the time.

It was deeply important to me to have this.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)