Cheap Trick-Heaven Tonight (1978)


 

Artist: Cheap Trick

Title: Heaven  Tonight

Label: Epic

Format: LP

Cat #: JE 35312

Year of Release: 1978

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1978  Santa Maria Pressing

Listed Condition: VG/VG with inner sleeve

Sell Date: 5/21/21

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 3/29/21

Low: $2.00 G+/G+

Median: $6.49

Average: $8.39

High: $29.99 NM/NM

Current low price: $7.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 7

Have/Want: 346/94

Where Sold: Chicago, IL

Time it took to sell: 6 years
 
Where and When Bought: Worcester Al Bums used $3.99 early 80's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

Day two of my Cheap Trick double shot  comes courtesy of the same Chicago buyer. I always thought this to be a perfect album start to finish, but I admittedly haven't heard this start to finish since my early teens.  "Surrender," "Top of the World," and  "California Man" stood out on Side One "Taking Me Back" and the title track stood out on Side 2 at the time.

Upon relistening I'm a little surprised how many tracks I straight up forgot about given my kneejerk response that this is a "perfect" record in my early teenage mind.  Better than Budokan, better than Dream Police, and better than the "cool" first album.  Maybe now I can reappraise the first album as the best.  

That's not a slight to Heaven Tonight.  It's still an excellent batch of songs.  "Auf Weidersehn" and "Stiff Competition" are fist pumpers for sure.

Maybe if I play it some more my brain will reawaken.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)