Z Z Top-Tres Hombres (1973)


 

Artist: Z Z Top

Title: Tres Hombres

Label: Warner Bros

Format: CD

Cat #: R2 78966

Year of Release: 1973

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 2006 BMG Music Club Edition

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date:3/4/21

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 8/8/20 $4.98

Low: $4.98

Median: $4.99

Average: $4.99

High: $4.99

Current low price:$5.60

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 2

Have/Want: 59/83

Where Sold:Vancouver, WA

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: consignment collection

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

I bought the vinyl of this in the early 80's used, perhaps my first or second Top album I owned.  Who could resist the opening trifecta of "Waiting For The Bus," "Jesus Just Left Chicago," and "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers."

I never replaced this on CD personally, due partially catching wind of the remixes that came out in the 80's.  This CD left for me to sell on consignment was the 2006 remaster which corrected the impropriety and tacked on a few era specific live tracks: the hits Bus/Chicago/La Grange.

I've had this in the back of my head to write up almost two months ago, but I wanted to get a headphone listen in.  I started too late last night and the computer crashed, causing a reboot and relisten to the first three songs ANOTHER time.  So now I've got the stream I'm linking in the background to relisten to the deep cuts that were my lullaby.  

"Move Me On Down The Line" is the most known to me of the rest, though I enjoy all of it.  "Precious and Grace" and "Hot Blue and Righteous" are heavy, man, heavy.  It's just a tough sounding blues rock album and is balanced enough with material that isn't overplayed to make the hits sound fresh in presentation to me.  

Sorry I don't have any further great insights.  It's an entrenched great record start to finish, my pick for "best of band."

In some ways, so entrenched it's beyond review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)