Bob Dylan-The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (1963)


 

Artist: Bob Dylan

Title: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

Label: Columbia

Format: LP

Cat #: CL 1986

Year of Release: 1963

Country and Year of Edition Issue:  US 1963 Mono Pitman Pressing

Listed Condition: F/F scratches galore, writing on label and cover

Sell Date: 3/6/21

Sell Price: $19.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/19/21 $47.65 VG/VG

Low: $14.00 G+/G+ 

Median: $27.78

High:  $90.00 NM/NM

Current low price: $25.00 F/G+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 6

Have/Want: 3833/3072

Where Sold:  Kyoto, Japan

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: passed down from mother

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A+

Sad To See It Go: yes

4 beat up Bob albums passed down to me went off to Japan this week for around $75 after shipping.  At least they were beat up by 3 year old me.  This album was memorized at a young age after my mother caught me stacking multiple chairs to get at the high record shelf full of my mother's teenage Folk record collection.  She knew I wouldn't think twice about risking a fall from a high place to get at those records.  After a short conference that evening, my parents decided It's Alright.   They gave me the 100 or so records so I wouldn't hurt/kill myself trying to get them.  All were played heavily and bear the scars of a pre-school record fanatic.

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is beyond criticism for me.  I've spoken about worldview that records have given me, and "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" is probably my favorite Dylan song up there with "Drifters Escape" and "Sara."  My vaccine for apocalypse, indoctrination and abandonment.  Bob's inoculation is just as important as what Pfizer put in me the other day.

My early childhood favorite was "I Shall Be Free." What young boy wouldn't like to think about a woman who "yells and hollers and screams and snorts?"  Ernest Borgnine can have Brigitte Bardot, Anita Ekberg and Sophia Loren.  I was taught by Bob to stay with either the "humdinger folksinger" or the "man eater meat grinder bad loser."  In Bob's world with those two you either get "letter and checks, "or "a tickle on the nose and a pat on the head."  Or at least a smile.  From me.

So anyway I was just about to say this is my favorite acoustic Bob album, but Another Side of... might be my favorite on another day.

And I'll tell it.

And think it.

And speak it.

And breathe it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)

Family of God-Family of God (1996)