Joe Jackson-Look Sharp! (1979)


 

Artist: Joe Jackson
Title: Look Sharp!
Label: A&M Records
Format: LP
Cat #: SP 4743
Year of Release: 1979
Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1979 Indianapolis Pressing, Barcode
Listed Condition: VG/G+ tape on bottom edge, ringwear
Sell Date: 1/12/21
Sell Price:$2.99
Discogs Last Sold: 4/18/20 VG/VG $3.40
Low: $0.87
Median: $3.33
High: $10.00
Current low price: $1.21 VG/VG
Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 48
Have/Want: 3428/146
Where Sold:  Philadelphia, PA
Time it took to sell: 5 years
Where and When Bought: That's Entertainment Worcester $5 box of records
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+
Sad To See It Go: No

Recently I was pointed toward I'm The Man which I managed to ignore my whole life.  "Pretty, pretty good" to quote someone that would be more likely to trot out Paul Simon.  I might be more likely to trot out Paul Simon, but with a particularly busy week, Look Sharp! made it to the top of the pile.

Obviously "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" I knew as a 9 year old, and "Sunday Papers" was unavoidable as WBCN in Boston used it as a theme show theme.  And yes Anthrax somehow made "Got The Time" more memorable, although this version is pretty rocking nu wave.

As for the rest, it was decent but I think I would sooner go back to I'm The Man.  Night & Day was insufferable to me and made me prematurely drop Joe Jackson from assessment throughout life. 

I'm still a little biased.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

Blur-13 (1999)

Bob Dylan-Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits (1967)