The Wedding Present-Go Go Dancer b/w Don't Cry No Tears (1992)


Artist: The Wedding Present

Title: Go-Go Dancer b/w Don't Cry No Tears

Label: 1992

Format: 7"

Cat #: PB45183

Year of Release: 1992

Country and Year of Edition Issue: UK 1992

Sold Price: $3.99

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 9/4/20

Discogs Last Sold: 7/26/20

Low: $1.95

Median: $3.78

High: $9.52

Current low price: $2.92 VG+/VG+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 25

Have/Want: 800/63

Where Sold: Denver, CO

Time it took to sell: 4 years

Where and When Bought: Newbury Comics Boston, new $4.99 import

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go?: No

I got into the Wedding Present around the time the Albini remixes came out after Bizarro.  Sea Monsters, which Albini recorded came out after that and I bought it as a $20+ CD import.  They had Wedded themselves to the American Independent Revolution, "Box Elder Mo" by Pavement was the other part of it.  

Prior to  Bizarro I had lumped them in with import Brit-pop that I didn't want to shell out $15 an import for on vinyl.   Too twee fer me then, although I opened up to that stuff later in life.  I cared enough about the Wedding Present in 1992 to actively purchase when they launched their  single-a-month series, which was ultimately compiled on the Hit Parade compilations.  I bought this one (the second) and the third, but ultimately gave up on the vinyl until the compilations came out and bought the CD's later in the decade.  I had really liked the 1994 Watusi cd and saw that tour at Tramps in NYC.  As the years passed I would buy a release here and there to check in-Take Fountain comes to mind- but I would say 1990-1995 was my peak fan phase for the Weddos.

As for this particular single, I bought it, played it and filed it away, maybe bringing it to WERS for a spin or two since I was on there that semester before graduating Emerson.  The B-side is a Neil Young cover from Zuma, which was a favorite Neil album for me around that time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)