Fairport Convention-House Full: Fairport Convention Live In LA 1970 (1986)


 

Artist: Fairport Convention

Title: House Full: Fairport Convention Live in LA 1970

Label: Hannibal

Format: CD

Cat #: HNCD 1319

Year of Release: 1986

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1986

Sold Price: $3.99

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 9/15/20

Discogs Last Sold: 3/15/20

Low: $3.00

Median: $5.11

High: $7.14

Current low price: $3.44

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 11

Have/Want: 52/14

Where Sold: West Springfield, MA

Time it took to sell: 8-10 years

Where and When Bought: pretty sure I got it as a promo when I interned at Ryko

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go?: Yes

This is one of those releases this exercise was made for.  I interned at Rykodisc in 1991-2 and got some promos including this one.  I had bought Unhalfbricking and What We Did On Our Holidays before the internship so I got some of the Hannibal titles at the time to flesh out my collection.  This particular one I probably listened to once and filed away.  

I hadn't really focused on this era of Fairport without Denny.  Upon review it is really weird hearing Richard Thompson sing "Matty Groves" instead of Sandy Denny.  This was a really good listen and apparently a rare live Fairport release for Thompson.  A perfect Sunday afternoon experience.

I see when I put it on my hard drive there was a new cover that Itunes automatically added, so I guess it has been reissued.  Apparently in the Discogs notes there are some mistitles and remasters in the later edition.  The youtube link about has the new cover but has '86 mix in the track credit.  Perhaps this buyer is doing some "deep sleuthing."  I also noticed most of the copies that are up for cheap are in Europe, so the buyer got a deal in this instance as far a collecting goes.   A word to the wise, if you have something of value, you have to go into the individual title on sale list, because something might be common in your country but cheaper to buy local.   Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.  It's like a little pinprick dagger when something goes lower than what it should,  but mitigated with the fact that it's been up for sale nearly a decade and that I'm selling anything at all.  It doesn't pain me all too much considering it gives me fodder to write about.  At this point my listings have been up for years, so I cut the price on flagged titles here and there when sales get slow and don't pay microscopic attention to a few bucks since I initially priced on the high end and come down near the median when I reprice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)