The Electric Prunes-Lost Dreams (2000)
Artist: Electric Prunes
Title: Lost Dreams
Label: Birdsman
Format: CD
Sell Date: 9/3/26
Condition: VG+/VG+
Discogs Last Sold: 7/7/26 NM/NM $6.50
Low: $3.49
Median: $7.10
Average: $8.10
High: $16.28
Current low price: $3.87 (Germany), $6.50 (US)
Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 28
Have/Want: 318/34
Where Sold: Burke, VA
Time It Took To Sell: 2 years
Where and When Bought: Facebook marketplace lot
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A
Sad To See It Go: No
Significant 23-track compilation of the Electric Prunes in their original state. Key tracks come from the self-titled debut and Underground as well as alternate takes, B-sides and outtakes. The listening experience is consistantly a pleasure.
The "hit" here of course is "I've Had To Much To Dream Last Night." "Get Me To The World On Time" was another one that rang familiarity bells. Even though I've had both of the first two albums, I've never heard them enough to know them inside and out. If I'm having such a problem getting this small batch of songs in my head, imaging how I'd be wrangling with the box set Then Came The Dawn that Cherry Red put out in 2021.
However, listening to this a few times there are certain songs my ears gravitate to. "Hideaway" from Underground as "The Great Banana Hoax," "You Never Had It Better" "Everybody Knows You're Not In Love" and "Big City" from the same album. The Hollies cover "I've Got A Way Of My Own" was never officially released in it's day, but I rather like it.
This issue has been overtaken not just by the box, but for this specific era, Rhino and perpetual rights holder of yore Reprise issued Too Much To Dream (The Complete 1966-1967 Recordings) back in 2007. That seems to be the one that has truely overtaken the Lost Dreams compilation.
It was fun while it lasted.
FOR FURTHER REVIEW:
The Electric Prunes-Mass In F Minor/Release of an Oath (The Kol Nidre) (2013)
Comments
Post a Comment