Kudgel-Sea Monkee (1994)

 


Artist: Kudgel

Title: Sea Monkee

Label: 100% Breakfast

Format: 10"

Catalog Number: 100 BR 005

Year of Release: 1994

Country and Year of Edition: US 1994

Sell Price: $6.08

Sell Date: 9/21/26

Condition: VG+/VG+

Discogs Last Sold: 9/13/26 VG/VG $3.00

Low: $3.00

Median: $8.98

Average: $8.85

High:$15.00 

Current low price: $9.98

Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 1

Have/Want: 38/47

Where Sold: Santa Rosa, CA

Time It Took To Sell: 11 years

Where and When Bought: given by band?

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

The Sea Monkee EP of 1994 I never realized got expanded to "Sea Monkey Plus 7" on CD via Midriff Records in 2006.  I had a copy of this probably given to me by Mark Erdody back when it came out.  Maybe he came to NYC to play around that time.  

The two standout hits here are "15 Second Crush" and "Jump Ball."  "15 Second Crush" was a live favorite and "Jump Ball" has a nice little guitar melody up against standard the standard Mark roar that I assume is actually about the rules of Jump Ball.  I see from the liner notes that Tim Shea, who Mark recently joined in Black Helicopter, plays guitar on that track, so maybe it is his.  Or maybe it is Mark's!  

As for the rest, we were treated to the slowed down version of "Nozzle" renamed "Neo-Nozzle."  I don't know if "Nozzle" was ever recorded, or if it was just a live memory, but I seem to remember this all-new version being extremely important at the time.  While most of this EP was recorded in 1993 at the White Room in Boston, there were a couple tracks from the famous Chicago Bob Weston-recorded sessions: "Scrapple" and "Dy-no-mite."  I'm not sure if you could get Scapple on your plate at Shoney's, but it sounds delicious.

Dy-no-mite even!

FOR FURTHER REVIEW:

Chicken Pump b/w Now (1993) 

Black Helicopter @ Deep Cuts 1/9/26

Tulips-Sweet and Hateful (1992)

Six Finger Satellite/Green Magnet School-The Declaration of Techno-Colonial Independence (1992)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

Blur-13 (1999)

Lyres-Happy Now... (1993)