Supergrass-In It For The Money (1997)
Title: In It For The Money
Label: Capitol
Sell Date: 7/10/26
Condition: VG+/VG+
Discogs Last Sold: 6/14/26 G/VG $1.33
Low: $0.30
Median: $3.00
Average: $3.10
High: $6.00
Current low price: $0.90 NM/NM
Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 32
Have/Want: 1047/55
Where Sold: Bethel Park, PA
Time It Took To Sell: 16 years
Where and When Bought: roommate CD giveaway
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-
Sad To See It Go: No
There wasn't a sophomore slump on Supergrass' In It For The Money. Every track is good or great. I liked the band ever since I heard "Caught By The Fuzz" before the first record came out. I think WFDU had an import CD single. This album I got in the last 90's as a record club close out that sold some time ago. This copy was a drill cut promo given from an old roommates spring cleaning. Now I have sold though my Supergrass and the same buyer cleaned me out of Nirvana too down to my last copy of the No Alternative compilation. It seemed for a time these titles were so flooded on the used market they would never sell but after 16 years of being listed, they finally did.
There are 5 singles with videos off this record: "Going Out," (the first before the album release in November '96) "Richard III," (March '97, released three weeks before the 4/21/97 release) "Sun Hits The Sky," "Cheapskate" (both June '97) and "Late In The Day" (October '97). My favorite is the lead off single with it's 'oh no' refrain.
Mick, Danny, Rob & Gaz went into the studio with only two songs. That hammers home how impressive this album is.
That grass blew my mind!
FOR FURTHER REVIEW:

Comments
Post a Comment