Gino Vannelli-Powerful People (1974)
Artist: Gino Vannelli
Title: Powerful People
Label: A&M
Sell Date: 7/3/26
Condition: VG/G
Discogs Last Sold: 11/30/24 VG/no cover $3.00
Low: $3.00
Median:.$3.54
Average: $3.54
High: $4.07
Current low price: n/a
Curren Number on Sale at Discogs: 0
Have/Want: 5/25
Where Sold: Fort Worth, TX
Time It Took To Sell: 2 years
Where and When Bought: eBay 8-track lot
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: C
Sad To See It Go: No
This 8-track was the only one up on Discogs when it sold. The tape broke but the buyer wanted it to repair so I took the price of this off the order. The Gino Vannelli discography is something I never thought about, but with these 8-track lots, lots of 70's soft rock have found their way into my house.
Since I'm not married to the track order, I didn't really notice the order reshuffling. There are a couple fades: "The Work Verse" and the Jim Croce tribute "Poor Happy Jim." The Billboard #22 hit on here, "People Gotta Move" kicks off both the album and the 8-track. This was a breakout album for Gino, so there is a little more Jazz influence going on compared to something like "I Just Wanna Stop" 4 years later.
I've had this on random shuffle a couple weeks now, so everything is familiar but I still find these tracks a bit bland. There are a couple keyboards played by Richard Baker and Joe Vannelli. The organ stands out a bit, but the track I kept noticing on shuffle was "Son Of A New York Gun" despite it's TV dramatic puntuating synths. I definitely prefer the more organ based atmospherics.
Interesting to discover if not to play.

Comments
Post a Comment