Scruffy The Cat "Love Song #9" b/w Young Fresh Fellows "My Boyfriend Is In Killdozer" (1989)



  

Artist: Scruffy The Cat/Young Fresh Fellows

Title: Love Song #9 b/w My Boyfriend Is In Killdozer

Label: Cruddy Record Dealership

Format: 7"

Catalog Number: SIZZ1089

Year of Release: 1989

Country and Year of Edition: US 1989

Sell Price: $4.25

Sell Date: 3/20/24

Condition: VG+/VG+

Discogs Last Sold  2/25/24  VG/VG+ 

Low: $1.09

Median: $4.25

Average: $4.67

High: $15.00

Current low price: $4.99    

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 5

Have/Want:  187/48

Where Sold:  Sewickley, PA

Time It Took To Sell:  9 years

Where and When Bought: Newbury Comics or In Your Ear Boston late 80's 

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

Classic pairing of two mid-tier bands of the era: Boston's Scruffy The Cat and Seattle's Young Fresh Fellows who recently announced tour dates.  Perhaps that is why this single sold after sitting for nearly a decade in storage.

Anyway, the YFF side was a big radio hit on WMBR and now is one of a ever shrinking released song list that seemingly can't be streamed.  Less than two minutes, it is a blast of grimy fun.  A sunny dig at the jocular but gruff Midwesterners?  "My boyfriend's band is movin' up!  My boyfriend's band is movin' on!"

The flip band was the hyper-local roots-bar Rock mainstay Scruffy.  This excellent Keef tangential track I ignored in it's day.  The album with "40 Days and 40 Nights" was a heavy airplay go-to for me and I didn't really like YFF at the time.  But this novelty record the Fellows were winners hands down.

"I'm my boyfriend's buttercup..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)

Family of God-Family of God (1996)