Love Canal-It's A Dog's Life So Blow It Out Yer Ass (1985)


 

Artist: Love Canal


Label: National Trust

Format: LP

Cat: NT-887

Year of Release: 1985

Country and Year of Edition: US 1985 black vinyl

Sell Price: $15.12

Sell Date: 2/1/24

Condition: VG+/G+

Discogs Last Sold  4/5/23 $14.00 NM.NM

Low: $8.00 2/18/12 VG+/VG+

Median: $19.50

Average: $20.39

High: $39.00 M/M still sealed

Current low price: $8.15

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 3

Have/Want: 122/70

Where Sold: Philadelphia, PA

Time It Took To Sell:  8 years

Where and When Bought:  WERS purge freebee

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

Back when I was a teenage DJ on WICN, this was a new rotation release.  That is until I accidentally backed a chair over the album and cracked it clean in two.  Julia the music director yelled at me because it probably wasn't going to get replaced.  A few years later when I was at Emerson, WERS purged some records to make room on the shelves and this is one of the 40 or so records I scooped up.  I almost thought I was going to bring it back to WICN but they got rid of their rock department so it my heroic replacement that crossed my mind never happened and now this one has sold.  

Even with my love of hardcore 1986, this one didn't seem like a big loss.  I find a little more pleasure in it now with it goof on "Hey Joe" and "House of the Rising Sun"  as well as 7 Seconds sounding vocals.  Well maybe not that anthemic or audience friendly.  The tune of "House..." gives a self effacing band appraisal of Love Canal where nobody likes how they play so they have to play by themselves.

I'm liking it more and more for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)